Age-based childcare groups
Kikker Rik provides care to children from aged 0 to 4. We believe that children thrive by being amongst other children their age. That's why we have separate groups for each age: a baby group, an infant group, a toddler group and a toddler plus group.
The advantages of age-based groups are:
- The staff can anticipate the level of development of the children and can focus on the specific needs and interests of children in that age category.
- The activities and toys can be appropriated to the age of the children.
- It provides children with a balanced schedule, because the all the children in the group are approximately at the same stage of their development.
- Children have friends in the same developmental phase and can play at their own level of development.
- Parents recognise the behaviour of children that have the same age as their child, and can trade information.
The baby group consists of children under 1 year old. Our staff members are part of a fixed team, which means that you and your child will feel comfortable and secure with the childcare provider in charge of the group. The rhythm that you and your child have at home will also be followed at our childcare centre. With babies, rest and development go hand in hand. The babies are stimulated by surrounding them with toys made from different materials. We also have activities that stimulate the development of babies. The children each have their own bed, so they can rest in a familiar environment. Do you breast feed your child? We can keep the milk in our special freezer or you can drop by during childcare hours to feed your child.
We call the children aged 1 infants. The world of an infant becomes a bit bigger every day. Your child will be able to walk and will look at the world with open eyes. Imitating a 'grown up world' will become a favourite activity. The children increasingly make their own choices and develop a will of their own. They will also develop the ability to speak and will develop different motor skills. Kikker Rik stimulates this development. Our staff members respond to the development of your child by offering them fitting activities, and by engaging in conversations with them.
The toddler group consists of children aged 2 and 3. The children become more independent and will increasingly insist on doing things themselves. The children become more aware of other people and other children around them. They will also start to interact with other children. We can now do group activities in small or large groups. Amongst children this age, the make belief game is very popular, so Kikker Rik will be welcoming many fire fighters and princesses. The staff will give the children the space to develop their own identity and will guide children in their quest for norms and values.
New flexible care: Kikker Rik Super Flexible!